*** Giveaway is Closed***. My daughter’s blood curdling screams brought my family bounding up the stairs to see what horrid event was happening. I think I made it up the entire flight in 3 steps and my heart was in my throat. What could cause such a terrifying reaction? We burst into her bedroom expecting to find a stranger (at least that was the thought in my overly dramatic mind), but nothing was there. What in the world was wrong? Then I saw it, the wall was moving. Thousands upon thousand of ants were covering her windows, blinds, walls, bed, chair, pillows, and the pile of clothes on her floor. We had an ant invasion like you had never seen!
It was revolting. They were coming from high up in a tree and then across the yard and into the house. The ants seemed to love the hot and sunny day we were having, because they also made their grand appearance in the playroom, my foyer, and a few strange clusters on the outside of the house. We tried several different products but nothing seemed to work. They would return and return, except with a whole party of new found friends it seemed. This has continued for 3 years. We were losing the battle of the ants.
The folks at AMDRO® reached out and asked if I’d like to try their Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait. I said yes! We just sprinkled it along the base of the home and so far, no ants have returned. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hope that this will work!
Background on AMDRO® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait
- AMDRO® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait kills a wide range of ant species around the perimeter of the home so they do not come inside.
- The bait allows foraging (worker) ants to bring the granules back to their mound before taking effect, resulting in the entire colony, including the queen, being destroyed.
- AMDRO® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait is highly attractive to 15 different ant species, killing 50 percent more species of ants than Spectracide® Ant Shield® Home Barrier Granules.*
- *Compared to EPA labels published as of May 9, 2012.
- AMDRO® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait offers an easy and effective way to kill carpenter ants, Texas Leafcutting ants, Argentine Ants and other listed ant species.
- Following application, AMDRO® Ant Block® Home Perimeter Ant Bait works within two to four weeks, killing the queen and the ants in the colony.
The nice folks at AMDRO® are giving one Sand & Sisal reader a $75 American Express Gift Card to spend where ever you like! Who couldn’t use a little extra spending money right now? Open to US residents only. Good luck!
Central Garden & Pet partnered with bloggers such as me to help educate us all about their AMDRO® products. As part of this program, I received compensation. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the use of the products. Central Garden & Pet believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Central Garden & Pet’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations. A winner will be chosen by random and gift card fulfillment will be handled by a third party.”