The holiday season is my favorite time of year for baking! I’m sharing one of my family’s recipes, Cranberry Cake with warm Vanilla Cream Sauce. My sisters and I grew up eating this delicious cake. If you love juicy, tart cranberries then you will devour this cake. It is a super fast and simple recipe to make and different the most other cakes.
- Cranberry Cake:
- 1½ Tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole cranberries
- Vanilla Cream Sauce;
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan and spread.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and heat for 10 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve it warm over the top of each slice of cake.
The cake is quite light and not overly sweet. Pour the warm vanilla cream sauce over the top (as much as you desire) and enjoy! If you sneak a spoonful or two of sauce by itself, your secret is safe with me!
For more holiday recipes click here >>>>>Kim’s Kitchen