Ready to fill your home with the most delicious aromas of fall? There are few vegetable side dishes that my children will happily devour, but this dish is one exception. Roasted Butternut Squash with rosemary, caramelized onion and just a touch of heat and spice will be a family favorite.
If you’ve ever bought a whole butternut squash then you know how hard they are to cut! As a busy mom of four, I don’t have the time or patience to prepare the squash, so I purchase butternut squash that is already peeled and cubed. My local grocer provides 32oz. containers in the produce section. It’s so worth the little bit of extra cost.
- 6 cups peeled, seeded, cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 medium Vidalia Onion sliced thin
- 1.5 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a lipped cookie sheet pan with non-stick foil.
- Spread butternut squash and sliced onion evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and the remaining ingredients.
- Use your hands to toss and coat the squash well.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender, stirring half way through.
Roasted butternut squash is amazing paired with roasted turkey, beef, chicken or pork loin. It makes a great holiday dinner side dish. For more recipes check out the Kim’s Kitchen tab up top.
Pin Roasted Butternut Squash to your recipe board!
Join me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST, G+ or SUBSCRIBE.
linking up to: Be Different Act Normal, Serenity Now
Yum Yum. Love the fall veggies. will give this one a try. So enjoy your posts. Try acorn squash with apple juice and cinnamon baked like an apple. My kids (grown now) loved that, too.
Kim Wilson says
Oooo, that sounds good too Wende! Thank you for the kind words. 🙂
Our Pinteresting Family says
Looks fantastic, Kim! I’ve never tried a butternut squash dish before, I think I may have to try this one out. Pinning it asap. 🙂 Megan
Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm says
This looks fantastic! I pinned it. I love all kinds of squash!