One of the top questions I receive by readers is, “Help Kim! How do I decorate coastal when I don’t live anywhere near the shore?” Decorating coastal is easier than you might think and we are going to explore a few ways How to Decorate Coastal in your home. This week, 25 talented bloggers are sharing their tips and tricks in a “How to Decorate” series hosted by Beth from Home Stories AtoZ (a.k.a. my little sister).
The furniture in coastal decor is anything but stuffy and ostentatious. It should be comfortable and casual, but this does not mean you need to sacrifice style and elegance. Choose natural fibers like rattan, cane, or sea grass for chairs, and jute, sisal, sea grass, or knotted wool for floor coverings. Slip covered sofas dressed in linen or cotton help keep the look casual, but with kids, a durable utrasuede or outdoor fabrics in sandy shades work well and are practical. Keep linens simple, crisp and clean, and light. And bring in hand painted, distressed accent pieces to round out the look.
1. Beth, Home Stories A to Z: How to Find Your Decorating Style
2. Courtney, A Thoughtful Place: 5 Gallery Wall Styles
3. Stacy, Not Just A Housewife: How to Decorate with Plants
4. Myquillyn, Nesting Place: Turning a House into a Home on a Thrift Store Budget
5. Donna, Funky Junk Interiors: How to Turn Worthless Junk into Home Decorating Must Haves
1. Melissa, The Inspired Room: The Secret Ingredient Every Room Needs
2. Jessica, Four Generations One Roof: How to Decorate with Container Plants
3. Traci, Beneath my Heart: How to Style a Coffee Table
4. Cyndy, The Creativity Exchange: Tricks for How to Zone in on the Perfect Paint Color
5. Laura, Finding Home: 5 Ways to Personalize Your Home
3. Kim, Sand & Sisal: How to Decorate Coastal (without lookin’ all Margaritaville!)
4. Diane, In My Own Style: How to Decorate so You Feel at Home
5. Melissa, 320 Sycamore: 3 Decorating Truths in any Home
2. Rhoda, Southern Hospitality: Adding Architectural Interest
3. Lindsay, Makely: How to Decorate With Color and Not Feel Like You Live Under the Big Top
4. Jen, Jennifer Rizzo: Easy table top decorating with the display rules of 1-2-3
5. Heather & Vanessa, At the Picket Fence: Blue Home Decor Ideas …I’ve got the blues!
1. Brittany, Pretty Handy Girl: Color Harmony in Decorating
2. Marianne, Songbird: Decorating Tips from a Lazy Decorator
3. Jen, Tatertots & Jello: How to Decorate with Spray Paint
4. Brooke, All Things Thrifty: The Six Best Things About Decorating
5. Wendy, Shabby Nest: Making a Rental (or any space for that matter) Your Own